Featured Post

Sports Illustrated: Packs 12, 13, and 14

Between the theme week and my reorganizing of all things 2011 Topps, my pack rips of the Sports Illustrated box have slowed down to almost a crawl.  Let's remedy that with a quick rip of three more packs.

Pack 12:
23.  Glendon Rusch - Fresh Faces
101.  Jeff Bagwell
138.  Travis Fryman
147.  Marty Cordova
177.  Cal Ripken Jr. - Covers

Mini Poster:
Chipper Jones

I already pulled the Chipper Jones poster in a previous pack so this one is up for trade.  I like the Ripken card, the "Nonstop Shortstop" headline is kind of cool.

Pack 13:
22.  Scott Rolen - Fresh Faces

80.  Alex Fernandez
92.  Ricky Bottalico
113.  Eric Karros
176.  Hideo Nomo - Covers
Mini Poster:
John Smoltz

Another Braves mini poster - but at least I didn't have this one yet.  It's sort of interesting that they chose a batting photo for Smoltz rather than a pitching image.  I don't recall Smoltz being all that adept at hitting?  In a bit of sad collation news, the Hideo Nomo card is my first duplicate card from the box.  I was hoping one box might yield the full set but if I'm seeing duplicates already I'm guessing my hopes will be dashed.

Pack 14:
9.  Wilton Guerrero - Fresh Faces
41.  Jeff Fassero -  Inside Baseball
77.  Kenny Lofton

133.  Roger Clemens
checklist (boo!)
Mini Poster:
Mark McGwire

I like the mini posters quite a bit.  As I mentioned above, I now have two different posters for trade (Deion Sanders and Chipper Jones) both of which I pulled two of in the box already.

Comments