Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

The Great Purging 4

A bit more than a year ago, I completed my third purging of the blog roll.  Since that time, my blog list has swelled from 217 blogs to a rather unwieldy 281 blogs!  It's time to flush away some of the no longer updating blogs...but before I do that, this post serves as one last tribute.  I should point out that I'll have to do multiple purges in a rather short time since Blogger's blog roll troubles made this particular endeavor impossible until only recently!

Nate's Card Blog:  Nate's Card Blog is the oldest blog on my blog roll (in terms of days since last update).  Although there hasn't been any new content since August of 2010 (told you I needed to do a blog purging!), you can still read the old content which is nice.

The Couch Potato Chronicles:  This was a great blog from one my fellow evacuees from the Sporting News blog debacle.  Unfortunately, CPC is no longer but it is available to be registered...just in case someone likes the name and wants to resurrect the blog.

Pack Addict:  I always liked the name - and if the author were a smoker it would be extra clever.  There's not much left (except some ads) at the website now though so I guess the addiction is over.

Baseball Card Nirvana:  This was another great blog that suddenly went silent.  In fact, the last post was a reader participation post recap.

Card Junkie:  The blog title might be confusing as we already have a Card Junkie on the blogs, but the website itself was pretty nice back in the day.  Unfortunately, the last update was in October of 2010 so I don't expect to see a revival happening.  Maybe the idea of junkies and addictions isn't so true when it comes to cardboard?

Trade Bait - The Great Chase:  The final words:
I've rigged some kind of pseudo connection with my scanner - so, with that said, I'm going out this weekend and gonna to a mini-splurge on cards.  I'm going to try to located a new LCS (haven't found one since I moved) and pick up a ton of random stuff, so expect a larger than normal posting this week - I have picked up a few items and I'll scan those too!  Ok, more later!
When I read posts like that, I often wonder whatever happened to the blog's author.  I know that life happens and blogging often takes a back seat (as it should), but it's always strange to me when someone posts something like "I'll be back soon with a such-n-such a post" and instead the person disappears.  That's part of the reason why I give blogs a year to "come back" before I remove them from my blog roll, I'm always hopeful!

Plain Grey Swatch:  PGS was another fun read - but the author headed off to graduate school and despite promises of returning, never did so.

Field of Cards:  With a final post wondering Who Signs More than Wade Boggs, Field of Cards often had great blog reading.  Unfortunately, that post was dated April 20, 2010 so it's time to say goodbye to Field of Cards as well.

Leading off for the Orioles:  A blog dedicated to Brian Roberts becomes much less important whenever Roberts gets hurt.  At least, that's my theory as to why the blog went defunct back in April of 2010 and never returned.

That's nine blogs off the 'ol blog roll.  There's plenty more to remove, but I think this is enough for today (it's a tedious process).  My blog roll now stands at 272 blogs.   One more thing - if you have a blog (or know of a blog) that isn't on my blog roll and it should be, please let me know in the comments below!

Comments

  1. Hey Purgemeister,
    I've been waiting three weeks for your address so I can mail you your prize from that contest.
    If you no want, I'll award it to someone else, just let me know either way, okay?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Roy from PGS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes the whole junkie thing was confusing. I had also noticed that "card junkie" hadn't posted since 2010 and removed that one form my regular reading and my blogroll a few months back. It is a little bit of a shame as he at one time was attempting to blog card by card about the 1990 Fleer set he didn't get out of the A's he got stuck on card 5 or 6 I think. Some of those other blogs I didn't have the pleasure of reading.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment