Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Group Break #5: 1999 Fleer Molten Metal - Packs 18 and 19

Most of the time, when I open packs and type up the contents for the blog I am listening to Pandora.  I've found that my typing speed (and the quality of my thoughts - such as they are) changes dramatically depending on what type of music is playing.  For instance, right now I have my Celtic music station on (groups like The Tossers, Great Big Sea, and Enter the Haggis) and I'm feeling like typing as quickly as possible!  It must be the good Irish drinkin' songs that get my blood pumping.  Good thing I'm not actually Irish though or else I'd probably be face down in a gutter a long time ago.

Pack 18:
32.  Ray Durham - White Sox
64.  Brad Fullmer - Expos
69.  Raul Mondesi - Dodgers
90.  Wade Boggs - Rays
101.  Andruw Jones - Braves
Xplosion:  94.  Pat Hentgen - Blue Jays

The Blue Jays are usually an unclaimed team - but I'm not sure why!  For instance, in this break alone they've landed a relic, a serially numbered card, and now this sweet metal parallel card.  

Pack 19:
72.  David Wells - Blue Jays
77.  Mariano Rivera - Yankees

79.  A.J. Hinch - Athletics
83.  Robin Ventura - Mets
127.  Masao Kida - Tigers
148.  Jeff Bagwell - Astros

The Yankees have absolutely crushed this break despite not having a hit thus far.  They sit at 45 base cards, 1 parallel, 1 insert, and six serially numbered cards (according to my unofficial counting).  The Indians and Braves are the next two closest teams in terms of base cards while Braves and Red Sox are tied in terms of total serially numbered cards.

Comments