Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Group Break #5: 2003 Fleer Authentix - Packs 14, 15, and 16

A big thanks to our group break sponsor - Baseball Card Exchange!

And now, on to the packs!

Pack 14:
37.  Jermaine Dye - Athletics
46.  Jim Edmonds - Cardinals
76.  Kevin Brown - Dodgers
87.  Ryan Klesko - Padres
7 of 15 TS.  Ticket Studs:  Derek Jeter - Yankees

Amazingly, the Ticket Stud card of Jeter is the Yankees first non-serially numbered insert card of the break!  Granted, this break isn't heavy on inserts but still, usually it's all Yankees, all the time!

Pack 15:
53.  Bobby Abreu - Phillies
67.  Mike Piazza - Mets
70.  Greg Maddux - Braves
94.  Jay Gibbons - Orioles
105. Hee Seop Choi - Cubs

Good to see both the Orioles and Cubs land cards in that pack.

Pack 16:
1.  Derek Jeter - Yankees
8.  Luis Gonzalez - Diamondbacks
34.  Tim Salmon - Angels
41.  Omar Vizquel - Indians
4 of 10 BC.  Ballpark Classics:  Barry Bonds - Giants

The Ballpark Classics cards are seeded 1:12 packs - and are die-cut!  I have to say, I like the card a lot!  Congrats to the Giants on landing that one.  And yes, the irony of me having said that the break isn't insert heavy and then pulling two inserts (in three packs) wasn't lost on me.  I write each pack description though before moving on to opening the next pack so I'm keeping my original thoughts (even if they do make me look like a fool)!

Comments