Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! Contest Winnings from Waxaholic

Like most bloggers, I try to enter any contests I see around the blogs (assuming the prize is something that would fit into my collection)  After entering, I usually don't give such things a second thought - it's highly rare for me to win so imagine my surprise when Brian from Waxaholic contacted me saying I own a bonus prize.

As Brian's note said, a bonus prize is better than nothing - and in my view, it's great stuff!  In fact, the prize consisted of 9 different Reds cards from a variety of years - I'll start with one I needed for my Topps Lineage set:

A Johnny Bench cloth sticker.  Very nice indeed.  I still need the Votto cloth sticker from Lineage if anyone has one floating around.

The rest of the package contained assorted Reds, including a Johnny Bench "In Action" card and his base card from 1982 Topps.  I already completed the 1982 Topps set - but you can't go wrong with acquiring Johnny Bench cards!

There was also a Sweet Spot Classic card of Dave Parker numbered out of 575.  I don't understand Upper Deck sets most of the time so I can't give you much more information that that.  I guess it was from the 2007 Sweet Spot Classic set - a set that I've never heard of until now.

Finally, this Tom Seaver Topps Pristine (?) card is probably my favorite out of the "extra" Reds.

I actually am guessing on it being Pristine, maybe Topps Platinum?  I don't know and I'm much too lazy to do research today, but no matter what, it's a nice (and shiny) card!

Thanks for the bonus prize Brian!  And if anyone has any cards off my want list, maybe we could make a trade!

Comments

Post a Comment