Featured Post

Delivery Time! Still Wheeling and Dealing with Topps Archives!

Oh sure, 2012 Ginter might be all the rage now but I'm still making deals for 2012 Topps Archives!  One such recent trade was with blog reader Jeremy.  Jeremy and I made a quick little swap which netted me three more cards for my Archives set.

The cloth sticker set only had one card "numbered" with three letters - that being the Cubs' Starlin Castro.

Now that I have the oddest card of the bunch in my grasp, it should smooth sailing in regards to acquiring the remaining cloth stickers that I need, right?  Oh, you mean Topps just numbered this one a bit different but there aren't short prints in the cloth sticker set?  You mean I'm one card closer but all the others that I still need will be just as hard to track down?  Oh.

Speaking of hard to track down, the Deckle Edge cards are actually not that difficult to track down.

Of all the insert sets, I'm guessing the Deckle Edge will be the one I complete first - mostly because I had pretty good luck pulling Deckles that I needed from the original bunch of blasters that I bought for myself.

There are some hard to track down cards in the set though, including the entire set of Classic Combos.

Jeremy sent me this gorgeous Dodgers' combo card of Matt Kemp and Jackie Robinson.  I consider that extra fortunate because it was both a card I needed AND I managed to acquire it despite the thousands (or so it seems) of Dodger bloggers/collectors out there.  Sorry guys, this one is all mine!

Thanks for the swap Jeremy - and as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!  I should mention that I still have a whole lot of Topps Archive cards waiting to be traded away - including plenty of inserts and relics.  You can find the full list of what I have available here.

Comments

Post a Comment