Featured Post

Blue (La Da Dee Da Da Da)

A Ginter Appetizer: Second Course

Before I get to the second (and final) blaster that I purchased, I wanted to inform all group break participants that the case of 2012 Allen & Ginter should be arriving at my house today - look for the group break to start quite soon!!

Here's the contents of the second blaster:

Pack 1:
13.  Drew Stubbs
228.  Dexter Fowler
251.  B.J. Upton
WIN6.  What's in a Name:  Ryan Braun
WTB6.  World's Tallest Buildings:  Empire State Building
ML-7.  World's Greatest Military Leaders:  Napoleon Bonaparte

Sweet, a nice mini insert!  This is my first Military Leader mini card of the year - another set that I think I will enjoy immensely!

Pack 2:
12.  Bryce Harper
65.  Alex Rios
86.  Nyjer Morgan
125.  Ben Revere
316.  Adrian Gonzalez
Black border mini:  276.  James Shields

The black bordered minis (non-short prints) are seeded at a 1:10 ratio.  Of all the inserts/parallels, the black bordered minis are probably the one set that I will (for sure) not attempt to complete.  I'll listen to any offers if someone wants this card!

Pack 3:
185.  Starlin Castro
202.  Jaime Garcia
205.  Tony Gwynn
WIN77.  What's in a Name:  David Price
Murder in Willow Cove:  Kerry Fulder
A&G back mini:  218.  John Danks

The Danks is my second A&G back mini of the year - and the Kerry Fulder is my second such code card.  Unfortunately, I don't (yet) know how many of the code cards exist but I'm sure I'll get a good sampling once my case arrives!

Pack 4:
96.  Gavin Floyd
131.  Jim Palmer
150.  Norichika Aoki
230.  Evan Longoria
307.  Jhonny Peralta
Reg. mini:  35.  David Ortiz

Nothing to write home about in this pack - though the short print is always nice I suppose.  I think the real highlight is the Jim Palmer base card to be honest.

Pack 5:
42.  Justin Upton
253.  Jorge De La Rosa
293.  Cliff Lee
WIN96.  What's in a Name:  Ozzie Smith
HTP8.  Historical Turning Points:  Allied Victory in World War II
Reg. mini:  44.  Brandon League

Pack 6:
70.  Aroldis Chapman
83.  Matt Joyce
151.  Jose Valverde
237.  Al Unser, Sr.
342.  Ryan Dempster
MBF-8.  Man's Best Friend:  Labrador Retriever

I love, love, love the Man's Best Friend cards!  As a dog lover myself (we have a Golden Retriever), this set speaks to me!  I happen to love labs as well - in fact, my wife's parents have a lab so this card is like a little slice of home (or is that home-in-law)?

Pack 7:
80.  Brooks Robinson
271.  Mark Reynolds
280.  Brandon Belt
WIN65.  What's in a Name:  Nick Swisher
BH-5.  Baseball Highlight Sketch:  Brooks Robinson
Reg. mini:  307.  Jhonny Peralta

My second regular backed mini of the year - only 48 more to go!  Will I ever complete the entire regular back mini set - I certainly hope so!  I think Topps did a much better job with the Baseball Highlight Sketches this year as well - I found last year's set a little bit on the creepy side to be honest.

Pack 8:
210.  Willie Mays
268.  Angel Pagan
324.  Cal Ripken Jr.
Reg. mini:  75.  Erin Andrews
Relic:  AGR-MR.  Mark Reynolds

Can you get a much better pack than that out of blaster?!  A relic, a pair of baseball legends, and a bit of eye-candy in Erin Andrews.  As I mentioned in the previous post, I do plan on trying to complete this year's relic set - so if you end up with any for trade, please let me know!!

Good stuff - and a great appetizer for the real Ginter course - the case that should be arriving at some point today!

Comments

  1. I love the man's best frend minis as well. I have a 6-month old pug and am going to try and complete the pug rainbow in her honour :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment