Featured Post

Ginter Group Break: Box 9: Packs 1 - 12

We have finally made it to the final third of the group break.  Four boxes remain (one of which better hold our rip card).  Will it be this box?  Let's find out.

Box #9:
Box topper:
N43-7:  Hanley Ramirez - Marlins

Pack 01:
What's in a Name:  96.  Ozzie Smith - Cardinals
A&G mini SP:  Adrian Gonzalez - Red Sox

Pack 02:
What's in a Name:  88.  Alex Gordon - Royals
Reg. mini:  280.  Brandon Belt - Giants

Pack 03:
What's in a Name:  Matt Kemp - Dodgers
Culinary Curiosities:  Kopi Luwak

Pack 04:
Willow Cove:  Bob Levinski
Base SP:  315.  Dellin Betances - Yankees
People of the Bible:  John the Baptist

Pack 05:
What's in a Name:  13. Carl Crawford - Red Sox
Reg. mini:  271.  Mark Reynolds - Orioles

Pack 06:
Historical Turning Points:  Battle of Waterloo
Base SP:  329. Billy Butler - Royals
Reg. mini:  142.  Jose Reyes - Marlins

Pack 07:
What's in a Name:  98.  Whitey Ford - Yankees
Reg. mini:  287.  Hiroki Kuroda - Yankees
Framed auto:  AGA-JT.  Julio Teheran - Braves

I tried to get someone to claim the Braves!  I begged and pleaded, but no one would take either Baltimore or Atlanta, so I ended up having to claim them (along with my usual Reds).  Well, so far the Orioles have been a bust but the Braves have been pretty solid - this is their second hit of the break!  I don't know anything about Teheran, never even heard of him, but hopefully he's a good player (or will be at some point in the near future)!

Pack 08:
Baseball Sketch:  22.  Joe DiMaggio - Yankees
Base SP:  323.  Ryan Roberts - Diamondbacks
Reg. mini:  81.  Jerry Bailey - (jockey)

Pack 09:
Willow Cove:  Bear McHue
Base SP:  347.  Matt Garze - Cubs
A&G back mini:  22.  Jair Jurrjens - Braves

Pack 10:
Willow Cove:  Marcie Guttman
Base SP:  302.  Jayson Werth - Nationals
Reg. mini:  23.  Alex Gordon - Royals

Pack 11:
What's in a Name:  65.  Nick Swisher - Yankees
Reg. mini SP:  340.  Marty Hogan - (racquetball)

Pack 12:
Historical Turning Points:  Renaissance
Base SP:  337.  Matt Holliday - Cardinals
Musical Masters:  Joseph Haydn

Another half box done!  I'll be honest, I'm getting a little nervous now about the rip card seeing as how there are only 3.5 boxes remaining.  I would have liked to find it by now given that my case last year didn't have a rip card in it...  Once we find that, I'll consider the case to be a success - each hit that we uncover now is just extra icing on an already sweet cake.

Comments

  1. I feel like I'm busting a case vicariously through these posts (even though I'm not in the group break). Best of luck to all on the last 3.5 boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Teheran is sweet. He was a VERY highly touted prospect (#1 at one point) but has not quite lived up to expectations as of yet. I have a small Teheran collection on the go as my girlfriend is Colombian...autos are a little bit out of my price range, though :)

    Great pull!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:03 PM

    Teheran has an unusually nice signature!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment