Featured Post

Gettin' Money in 'da Mail!

The past year or two has been sort of boring in terms of baseball cards.  Oh sure, I had some fun with the 2012 Topps Archive set - certainly enough fun that I bought a few blasters and decided to try and put together the base set (plus some of the insert sets).  At the moment, I'm only missing six short print cards out of the base set (not counting the super short print Harper card).

Other than Archives though, 2012 hasn't offered me much.

2011 wasn't much better.  I'm still working on the Gypsy Queen set from 2011 (I didn't buy any of the 2012 product).  I'm not nearly as close to completing the Gypsy Queen set as compared to the Archives set - heck, I still need a few more base cards (not to mention a bunch of short prints).

I think it's safe to say that the short prints in Gypsy Queen will be the hardest part of the set to finish off.

2011 also gave us the Topps Lineage set.  I enjoyed the set quite a bit when it was released (resulting in my purchasing way too much of the product).  Unfortunately, all that really means is that I have a boatload of cards from the set to trade away now.  I am pleased to say that the base set is complete for Lineage - but that's probably only because there weren't any short prints in the set!

As for the inserts in Lineage, well...I've still got a long ways to go until I can say that they are complete.

For me though, that's it in terms of cards for the past two years.  Lineage, Archives, and Gypsy Queen.  Oh yeah, and Allen & Ginter...how could I forget?

I've been making solid progress on my Allen & Ginter sets - including all the mini parallels of Reds from the 2012 edition of the set.

And yes, while all the above sets (and cards) are great in their own way...the BEST release in the past two years quite possibly is a box topper set:  The Currency of the World set.
Isn't that simply a stunning card?  It has everything that you could ask for.  Map?  Check.  Money?  Check.  Actual information about the country/currency?  Check.  Serial numbering?  Check.  Colorful?  Check.

Love it!

Thanks to a trade with blog reader Matt (who sent me all the pictured cards), I now have SIX of the THIRTY currency cards.  I find this cards awesome in so many ways - so if you have any for trade (or any other cards from my want list), please shoot me an email and hopefully we can work something out!

Comments