Featured Post

Feeling Appreciated (Blogger Generosity)

There are certain bloggers who have managed to acquire the admiration from the majority of the baseball blogging public.  There are plenty of bloggers who are excellent at crafting interesting tales where they manage to weave baseball cards in and out of some greater narrative.  Heck, there is even a fairly large contingent of bloggers who are doing their own thing making custom cards.  All of those bloggers have a vocal band of supporters, mostly other bloggers (and commentators) who trumpet their worthwhile accomplishments and sing them great praises.  Of course, there is a much larger group of bloggers who are the unheralded type.

Personally, I put myself in the unheralded category.

I know my limitations and I try to work within my areas of expertise (which is a very slim window of opportunities I might add).  You'll never read my work and confuse it for Shakespeare, nor will you be wowed by my wordsmithing abilities.  Heck, I think I just made up the word wordsmithing.

However, despite the fact that most bloggers (such as myself) won't impact much of anything in a greater scale, it's still rewarding for us to know that people read our work as well.  With that in mind, it's a special honor to showcase cards from blog reader Brian who recently sent me an envelope full of cards with a note saying "just showing my appreciation for the blog."

Brian, you have no idea how happy that made me.  I have modest expectations about my blog, but I do put a lot of work and effort in here at Nachos Grande.  It's always nice to hear things like that - and the note coupled with a slew of Barry Larkin cards for me...well, you couldn't have made me much happier!

Brian sent me seven different Barry Larkin cards - more for my collection that seems to continue to grow each week (which is awesome).  I may be way behind on posting cards to my Barry Larkin Collection, but I do promise in due time that each of the following cards will make an appearance in my ongoing series.

In addition to the Larkins, Brian also threw in a couple of Reds stickers - you can never go wrong with those either!

Thanks for the cards Brian!  Your kind words (plus the Larkins) meant a lot to me.  What a great (early) holiday gift.

Comments