Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

The Great Organization: Baby Steps

I spent the last couple of days organizing all of my cards.

Actually, it took me about two days to organize all of my cards for a single set.  Namely, 1990 Topps.  I told you this organization process would be quite the ordeal.
I've officially decided to collect this set. Expect to see more 1990 Topps in the future!

As I've mentioned a number of times on my blog, all of my old sets are housed in binders.  Unfortunately for me, I didn't have the budget for card sheets and binders when I was younger and so I never left space for missing cards.  Thus, when I decided I would try to finish off my 1990 Topps set, I had to empty all the binder pages and then re-page my set leaving blank spots for all of the missing cards.  Although I already the vast majority of the set, there are still quite a few missing cards.

Originally, the 1990 Topps binder also housed the 1990 Donruss set.  As promised, I'm going to decide which sets to collect and which sets to give up on.  Since I'm chasing 1990 Topps, I've decided to give up 1990 Donruss.  Actually, that wasn't a hard choice seeing as how I never liked the '90 Donruss set - even as a kid.  I will be keeping the Reds (eventually posting a list of any missing Reds to my want list) but all the other cards are available for trade.

Is anyone interested in 1990 Donruss?  If so, I have the following:

Diamond Kings:  1 (Bo Jackson), 8 (John Smoltz), 9 (Mike Bielecki), 21 (Tommy Herr), 26 (Ed Whitson)

I also have a small stack of base cards.  If anyone needs any in particular (either by number or team) let me know.  I don't imagine there is a huge demand for this set but I could be wrong.  The Diamond Kings are pretty nice though so I'm guessing someone will want those.

I also have exactly one puzzle piece from the set (pieces 40, 41, and 42).  Anyone need that - it is part of a Carl Yastrzemski puzzle.

Speak up quickly if you want any of the 1990 Donruss.  They are sitting on my desk for the moment - but that won't last long.  Soon I'll be splitting the set up into individual teams and use the cards as packing material for the various trades that I complete in the future.

Comments