Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

A Few Questions For You...

I've mentioned it a number of times already, but here it goes again:  I'm reorganizing my collection.

Yes, it's a painfully slow process - especially since I'm a bit too lazy to actually go "all in" at any point in time.  I have made some progress (including finding some unique trade bait) and adding a bunch of scans to my Barry Larkin card folder (the folder where I choose a scan to write about as part of my ongoing Barry Larkin Collection).  Heck, I've even been able to update my want list a bit.

Oh yeah, and this is the 3600th post that I've written.

Despite all my hard work (not to mention way too many posts), I still don't have all the answers.  In fact, I don't really have any answers - so that's where you come in!  Any assistance you can provide will be appreciated!

1.  Where is the best place to buy 9 pocket pages online?
I can buy pages at my local Wal*Mart but they are usually a super crappy version.  I'm getting more particular about my collection so I'd really like to only use Ultra Pro (or some other quality page).  I usually buy at least 200 pages at a clip, but I probably need closer to 300 pages right now - especially if you factor in sets like Ginter (which I'll definitely buy) and Archives (which I might buy).

2.  How do you store your sets?  
This sort of goes along with number one - right now, I've been trying to store all my sets in 9 pocket pages and then in binders.  It's much, much nicer when you want to look at a set - but I have to admit that there are some sets that I've never looked at once they were put into binder pages.

3.  How do you sell your sets you no longer want?
I have a few sets (including some duplicate sets) that I'd like to sell.  I'm curious as to how you've sold your sets (if you have).  I would use eBay and call it a day, but between shipping costs and eBay/PayPal fees, I'm not sure it's worth my time/effort in packing up sets.

4.  Where do you get long 600/800 count boxes?
Speaking of packing up sets, where do you get the long boxes that hold 500+ cards?  I don't have an actually hobby shop anywhere near me so I need some sort of online place I guess (unless Wal*Mart or the like sell them and I don't know about it).

5.  How do you store your collection?
I'm still trying to figure out a way to build a "better bookshelf" for my collection - this is just another call for ideas/suggestions.

Thanks for all your help in making my collection better!

Comments

  1. #1 - I get mine from BCW: http://www.bcwsupplies.com/
    #2 - I use 3-ring binders and cardboard drawers (9-compartment holder with 800-count cards in them, from bcw)
    #3 - I don't sell much, but I'm an eBayer
    #4 - BCW (see above) or not-so-local card store 50 miles away
    #5 - See #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 I use eBay...you can usually find a decent deal especially on UltraPro

    #2 Binders and 660/800 count boxes for those that have not yet gotten a binder, but eventually I hope to have everything binderized

    #3 Never done it, but eBay would be my first stop

    #4 I bought 25 660s and 25 800s when I first got back into collecting in 2006 on eBay. After trading and bindering, I haven't yet needed to buy more.

    #5 I am actually working on something similar to your drawing, but right now I am using the boxes my binders and pages came in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 - Card shows, usually. I try to stock up.
    2 - Binders. Cards that don't fit in binders go in 600/800-count boxes.
    3 - Never sold a set.
    4 - I trade a lot, so I haven't needed to buy a box in a long, long time.
    5 - On top of stuff. On a desk, on a cabinet, on the floor. It's all in one room that nobody goes in besides me, so it doesn't matter.

    That probably wasn't helpful at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. TCBulk.com (if you buy in bulk you get them for about 10 bucks per hundred) or Amazon or ebay if you can find a good deal.
    2. I usually store my base sets in boxes and insert and special sets I collect in 9 pocket pages and binders
    3. Never sold a full set before.
    4. TCBulk again, especially if you want to buy a bunch.
    5. See #2 and my PC's have their own monster boxes sorted by year. My team sets have are in pages and binders, sorted by manufacture and then in chronological order. I have large spreadsheets for my bigger player collections to keep track of what I have and don't.

    Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You lost me at 3600...wow. Congrats and good luck. I'm the king of disorganization so I'm not much help with your questions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can also vouch for BCWsupplies.com. I've used them several times.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment