Saturday, July 20, 2013

Delivery Time: My Cardboard Habit should make a habit of trading with me!

I recently completed a quick and easy trade with Judson over at My Cardboard Habit.  I sent Judson some Gypsy Queen, some assorted Rangers, plus an Allen & Ginter Rangers relic.  What did I get in return for such a haul?  In a word:  awesomeness.

There are two main components to my end of the deal.  The first was a bunch of 2013 Gypsy Queen base cards.  I'm slowly getting closer to completing the set - the stack of 30ish cards that Judson sent me will certainly help me out!

Out of the base cards, there were three that stood out to me.

Coco Crisp:

This is an awesome card simply because of the emotion shown.

Bronson Arroyo:

This is quite possibly the only time that Arroyo threw a pitch with that particular arm angle in that game.  He switches arm angles like crazy - not to mention speeds.  I remember one game recently Arroyo hit every speed from 67 to 88 (or something like that).  That's impressive - and probably really, really annoying to hit against.

Frank Robinson

I believe I've seen this particular Robinson pose way too many times.  However, this card gets special notice for the background.  Specifically, the two guys walking in the background - love it.

In addition to the base cards, Judson helped me out with some of the Gypsy Queen inserts.  Again, I'll show a couple of my favorites.

Nolan Ryan

You have to love a good card of Nolan Ryan!  This one celebrates Ryan's no-hitters against Oakland and Toronto while he was playing for the Rangers.  Not many guys get to claim two no-hitters while playing for a single team...Ryan did it for multiple teams!

Johnny Cueto

I'm a fan of Topps including more Reds in various insert sets.  It's been a long time since the Reds have had a starting pitcher worthy of a set called "Dealing Aces."  Now if only Cueto could stay healthy!

Finally, we end with a trio of Reds relics from 2013 Gypsy Queen.

Drew Stubbs

I wanted this card since it showed Stubbs as a Red but I have no problems with him no longer donning the Reds' uniform.

Devin Mesoraco

Dude's got a scary facial expression happening here...

Jay Bruce

The only relic that was white.  Here you get grey!  Actually, I love the mini relics - very Allen & Gintery of Topps (and that's a good thing in this case).

Thanks for the great trade Judson.  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

1 comments:

P-town Tom said...

I find it curious that the jersey material for Stubbs and Mesoraco, both white, seem to have a different pattern. I wonder why that is?

Post a Comment