Featured Post

Let's Get the Cheap Group Break Started!

I think it's about time that I began the group break.  For the record (and for my use mostly), here is the final team assignments:

Baltimore Orioles - Ryan H. (PAID)
Boston Red Sox - MetallAttorney (PAID)
Detroit Tigers - Patric W. (PAID)
Los Angeles Dodgers - Spiegel83 (PAID)
New York Mets - Mark M. (PAID)
New York Yankees - Mark M. (PAID)
Philadelphia Phillies - deal (PAID)
Seattle Mariners - Junior Junkie (PAID)
St. Louis Cardinals - madding (PAID)
Texas Rangers - J.Meeks (PAID)
Washington Nationals - J.Meeks (PAID)

Nachos Grande (me):
Arizona Diamondbacks
Atlanta Braves
Chicago White Sox
Chicago Cubs
Cincinnati Reds
Cleveland Indians
Colorado Rockies
Florida Marlins
Houston Astros
Kansas City Royals
Los Angeles Angels
Milwaukee Brewers
Minnesota Twins
Oakland Athletics
Pittsburgh Pirates
San Diego Padres
San Francisco Giants
Tampa Bay Rays
Toronto Blue Jays

As you can see, I ended up with a ton of teams but that's alright.  Maybe I'll get something cool - the odds have to be in my favor, right?

We shall begin the break by opening the 2012 Topps Archives box.  Here's the first pack of the break - enjoy!

Archives - Pack 1:
17.  Mat Latos - Reds
68.  Drew Storen - Nationals
121.  Heath Bell - Marlins
130.  Giancarlo Stanton - Marlins
174.  Asdrubal Cabrera - Indians
199.  Mark Reynolds - Orioles
230.  Lance Parrish - Tigers

63.  Tim Hudson - Braves - Gold Parallel

Patric lands the first non-base card of the break with the Lance Parrish short print.  Amazingly, no one claimed the Braves so I end up with the Hudson gold parallel by default.

Of course, one pack isn't nearly enough for a start to the break - so let's open a second!

Archives - Pack 2:
29.  B.J. Upton - Rays
69.  Ryan Zimmerman - Nationals
79.  Ervin Santana - Angels
120.  Tim Lincecum - Giants
131.  Elvis Andrus - Rangers
171.  Lucas Duda - Mets
178.  Adam Lind - Blue Jays
Archives reprint:  260.  Reggie Jackson - Athletics

I'm mostly hoping for the one remaining Roberto Clemente reprint card that I need out of the 2012 Archives set...perhaps I can flip that Reggie for a Clemente?

That's a fun start to the group break.  Of course, there are three promised hits (2 autos from Archives plus 1 hit from Topps Series 2).  Stay tuned as I'll be opening more packs when I get the chance over the next week or so.  I'm hoping to make this a fairly quick break but we'll see!

Comments