Featured Post

State of the Collection: A Quick Update

My original plan for yesterday was for me to sit outside and enjoy my pool.  Unfortunately, after being outside for about an hour (during which I was mostly working on vegetable garden), a big 'ol thunderstorm rolled through and ruined any other hopes for outdoor activities.

Enter plan B.  The great organization of my collection.  

It's been a slow go in terms of organizing - but I am pleased to say that I have been making small amounts of progress.

How much progress you ask?  Well, let's take a (brief) tour.  

I've had a few boxes full of "extra" cards.  Some of the cards are true duplicates, others were simply cards from teams (and sets) that I don't collect.  Basically, if it isn't a Red and/or a card from a set I collect, I no longer have room for it.  

In an effort to get rid of said extras, I have tried a pair of different tactics.  The first is to post some of what I think might be more popular sets on my blog in list form.  You can find them all here.  The second way I get rid of cards is simply to include them as "throw ins" for various trades - and the occasional "team for team" trade, though I don't usually trade for bulk lots of Reds any more.  In order to speed that process up, I managed to track down enough small boxes to store all my team extras in an easy to find place.

Admittedly, I got sick and tired of dividing up my extras by team so that's probably about 30% of my current stash of duplicates.  However, every bit helps so I won't be complaining!

In addition to organizing my duplicates, I also managed to update a few of the aforementioned "for trade" sets.  One is the 2011 Topps Allen & Ginter set.  I have an amazing amount of inserts from that set still - perhaps you may need/want some of them?

I also updated my 2008 Upper Deck Timeline set - a set that I'm thinking about breaking down into teams seeing how I haven't had many takers for it lately.  In other words, if you want it - come and get it now!

Finally, I found a TON of 2011 Topps sitting around.  Of course, somehow I messed up because I realized that I'm still missing a Topps Town card (which is totally embarrassing).  Anyhow, I've added all my extra base duplicates plus a bunch of inserts to my 2011 Topps For Trade page.

If you are interested in any of the cards from the above sets (or any other sets that I have listed for trade), I'd love to work out a swap - or a sale if you prefer.

Comments

  1. If you keep lumping your Dodgers and Giants together there's gonna be a fight ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be more concerned about the D-Backs than the Giants!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, so that's what the screaming and yelling was in the cupboard. I should've known.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous. Of your organizing and the handy storage place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. actually that was the Indians in the cupboard.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment