Featured Post

Allen & Ginter Case Rip: Box #1 - Packs 13 - 18

It's time to move on to the second half of the first box of my case.  So far, I've landed one hit (an autograph).  Here's hoping for some other good stuff in the second half, maybe even one of those awesome dual rip cards?  Hey, a guy can wish, right?

Pack 13:

I pulled an A&G back mini card of Shin-Soo Choo which was awesome, but the card of the pack is this Cliff Lee relic card.  I must say, I don't care for the non-framed relic cards.  For me, the framed relics are what make Ginter, well, Ginter.  This one is available for trade - if I chase the relics, it'll only be the framed ones (plus maybe any non-framed Reds relics if there are any).

Pack 14:

It's going to be quite the task to complete every insert set in this year's Allen & Ginter, I can tell that already.  Here's my first Civilizations of Ages Past card - the Phoenicians.  I love the historical stuff so this is another "must collect" set for me.  Heck, who am I kidding.  Almost everything Ginter is "must collect" for me.

Pack 15:

And here's another new insert set.  This time, it's Martial Mastery celebrating the Aztecs.  More historical stuff - more awesome stuff for my collection.

Pack 16:

Pack 16 had my second Martial Mastery card (Knights) but my favorite is probably the Joey Votto base card.  What can I say, I'm a homer?!

Pack 17:

For the third pack in a row, I pulled a Martial Mastery (this time it's Apache).  However, I scanned the Mike Morse black bordered mini since they are rarer (1:8 for Martials vs. 1:10 for black bordered minis).

Pack 18:

Two great cards in this pack.  One was a One Little Corner card of the sun.  The other was my first Inquiring Minds mini card.  You better believe I love any set celebrating inquiring minds since I'm a college professor!

At the three-quarter mark, this box has picked up considerably.  An auto and a relic so far with one hit left but I've pulled a bunch of nice minis and other inserts (including some Reds parallels which makes me happy).

Comments