Featured Post

Allen & Ginter Case Rip: Box #1 - Packs 19 - 24

It's hard to believe that I'm already finished with the first box of the case - or at least I will be by the time you get to the bottom of this post.  Here are the final six packs (one of which should hold our third promised hit of the box):

Pack 19:

This pack had two nice cards, one was a Civilization card of the Aztecs (awesome) and the other?  This black bordered short print of Russell Martin (seeded 1:130 packs)!  Good stuff and a great start to the final quarter of the box.

Pack 20:

Pack 20 came with two minis (yay!).  One was a regular back mini or Michael Bradley and the other was my fourth (!) black bordered mini of the box.

Pack 21:

I might have been excited by my good luck with two minis in the previous pack...well, pack 21 had zero minis so I'm back on track in terms of where I should be.  I also found my third hit of the box - this being the second Phillies hit of the box (someone could have made major points if this was their Gint-a-Cuffs box and they were a Phillies fan).  I should note that the border of this card is blueish in color whereas the framed autograph had a white border.  I wonder if that's how all the framed hits are?  Usually both the relics and autos share the same frame I thought...

Pack 22:

My second "The First Americans" mini card of the box - this one being the Iroquois.  According to the back of the card, the Iroquois now number about 80,000 strong after once being as low as 8,000).

Pack 23:

The second to last pack of the box was solid with the highlight being this Nolan Ryan regular back mini short print.  There seems to be quite a few legends in the short print portion of the set, perhaps Topps is trying to add a bit more value to the base set by making more legends tougher to get?

Pack 24:

The first box ends on a high note of sorts:  a bonus mini card!  I got a Dexter Fowler regular mini and a Mark Trumbo A&G back mini plus a Civilizations card of the Persians.  However, the scan goes to Mat Latos - a short printed Reds' base card!

All things considered, box #1 was ok.  The hits weren't anything to write home about - and if I were buying with the sole intention of reselling, I'd be pissed right now.  However, I'm a collector of the set so for me the first box was a success.  I got a bunch of nice inserts, plus a smattering of minis.  I found a couple of Reds parallels.  All told, no complaints (though I wouldn't mind getting some sort of super awesome card in my case of course)!

Comments

  1. If you're not collecting the black-bordered minis I'd love to trade for the Russell Martin.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment