Featured Post

Play at the Plate Delivers!

Over the past few weeks, I've been mostly in "Ginter, Ginter, Ginter" mode - at least in terms of the blog.  Of course, my real focus has been on preparing for the upcoming semester (which starts this coming Monday).  During that time, I've had a bunch of trade packages come in - at least 13 by my count.  While I don't think I'll get through all 13 today (just kidding - I'm only going to do one today), I do hope to give all my traders a chance in the so called spotlight...it just might take me awhile to get posts written up!  Bear with me...

Enough delay though, let's rip into one of the 13 trade packages.  This one is courtesy of Brian over at Play at the Plate.  Brian claimed a trade stack plus I sent him a Gypsy Queen Rangers relic earlier this summer.  What did I get in return?  Well, some good stuff if you ask me!

We begin with the only non-Red in the entire package.

You know you've been doing too much Ginter when you see a Yankee and immediately think "minus one."  In actuality, the only subtracting that I have to do is remove one more card from my 2013 Topps Archives want list thanks to the addition of Winfield.  See how seamlessly I weave in the mathematics?  Yeah, I'm ready to roll for the fall semester.

Next up, another group of cards from my want list - the 2013 Gypsy Queen white parallels.

Yeah, I've decided to give the whole "collect a parallel set" thing another whirl despite the fact that I still haven't finished off the Topps diamond parallel set from a few years ago.  No one ever accused me of being overly smart.  Those white parallels are awfully pretty though - and now I probably have all the Reds (which means I only need the parallels from the other 29 teams - see, I'm making progress)!

Brian also threw in a few assorted Reds - including a pair of sets that were new to me.

This is some sort of gold bordered Bowman card.

Brian sent me four Reds from this set (Choo, Cozard, Bailey, and Arroyo) but I'm only scanning the Choo since it was my favorite.  Anyhow, I have no idea if this is the regular version of the set or if these are gold parallels.  Bowman is so confusing - I'm simply happy when people send me the Reds from Bowman since I never buy that stuff...now if only I could get people to also include what the heck Bowman set is for each card...but beggars can't be choosers as they say.

Finally, another new set - Panini Prizm.

How can you not like a set with a "z" in it?  This thing is shiny - and sort of looks like it could serve as bulletproof siding for a tank.

On the back, it says 2012 Prizm baseball (which is the set) but the copyright is 2013.  That's shady - but I like the card so I'll let it slide Panini.

Thanks for the great mailer full of goodies Brian!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer (but only if you have patience as I'm running a bit behind right now)!

Comments

  1. The Bowman gold is just a parallel of the regular card. I bought one pack of Prizm so you got the only Red I pulled. I a owe you for that Beltre GQ relic. Ill check your Ginter list for that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment