Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

More Fleer Sports Illustrated Packs: I Pulled a Cincinnati Reds Insert!

My box of 1998 Fleer Sports Illustrated is just about completely busted - after this post I'll be down to four remaining packs.  So far, I haven't found much int eh way of inserts.  Only 1 Covers card (seeded 1:9 packs) and zero Editor's Choice cards (seeded 1:24 packs).  There are also 6 autograph redemption cards in the set but I'd just as soon not pull one of those now since I doubt Fleer will be honoring them!

Pack 19:
28.  Jose Cruz Jr.
40.  Travis Fryman
104.  Edgar Renteria
191.  Ken Griffey Jr.
196.  Scott Rolen

Mini poster:
13.  Jeff Bagwell

This pack contained two more duplicates - Travis Fryman and Griffey Jr. join the stack of extras.  The one good thing is that I can now remove the miscut Fryman from before and replace it with this one.  Even so, I'd just as soon have had two new base cards for my set since I'm not terribly picky about perfectly cut cards.

Pack 20:
91.  Mike Mussina
102.  Brad Radke
124.  Rondell White
198.  Tony Saunders
Covers:  9 of 10 C.  Deion Sanders

Mini poster:
9.  Dave Justice

I'm super happy with the Covers insert card - it's the one Red in the set!  That seems to never happen as I don't usually get to pull Reds out of packs I open!  On the other hand, a different trend continued...namely that of two doubles per pack.  This time it's Saunders and Radke doing double duty in the box.


Comments

  1. Maybe 2014 will be the year in which you couldn't NOT pull Reds inserts. Wouldn't that be glorious?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I read the phrase "miscut"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. JediJeff: Upon further inspection, the card isn't miscut so much as it simply a poor frame job of the photo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment