Featured Post

Monday, Monday, Monday (TCDB)

When is a Heritage short print not a Heritage short print?!

It's time to get back to the Heritage!  Something I've done each of the past few nights is open up a pair of packs from the Wal*Mart 2014 Heritage blaster.  Despite my love of the set, I have to admit that I'm getting severely bummed at the shortage of the short prints...  Will that perceived shortage be enough to turn me off from collecting the set in its entirety?  Honestly, I don't know...but I bet if the last four packs out of the blaster are good that it will sway my decision...

Pack 5:
43.  Carlos Beltran
111.  Yunel Escobar
140.  Jered Weaver
226.  J.R. Murphy & Cesar Cabral
227.  Johnny Venters

310.  Domonic Brown
313.  Yonder Alonso
365.  Adeiny Hechavarria
369.  Omar Infante

Well, nothing of note in this pack.  Heck, I couldn't even say there was a truly scan worthy card in the pack...the Venters was the best and it's pretty darn terrible (look at the awful framing of the subject if you don't believe me)!

Pack 6:
35.  Ryan Vogelsong
42.  Matt Joyce
192.  Luke Hochevar
196.  Jose Iglesias
297.  Khris Davis

380.  Michael Bourn
396.  Everth Cabrera
407.  Michael Wacha
Blue Border Parallel:  461.  Evan Longoria

I was super excited when I first saw that the Longoria was numbered above 425 thinking I had landed a short print!  Instead, it is one of the Wal*Mart blue bordered parallels (and it is available for trade)!

Comments