Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

2014 Topps Allen & Ginter Jumbo Pack #6: I Should Have Stopped at Five.

I found myself in Wal-Mart the other day and, as I'm wont to do, I ended up perusing the meager card aisle.  It turned out that Wal-Mart had exactly two remaining 2014 Topps Allen & Ginter's jumbo packs still hanging there...so I took a chance and bought them knowing full well that I probably wouldn't get anything good since I already found a relic and an autograph from that batch of packs.

At least I wasn't disappointed.  I didn't get anything good*.

*here "good" is being defined in the conventional baseball card way to mean a relic, auto, or some other rare item.

I did, however, get some nice new cards for my set - and as a set collector, that's more important to me anyhow!  Before we take a look at my sixth Jumbo pack, let me say this:

I WANT YOUR 2014 ALLEN & GINTER'S INSERTS (regular, mini, and box toppers).  Contact me if you have any for trade!

Jumbo #6:

Upper Half:

77.  Stan Musial
85.  Carlos Santana
128.  Bill Rancic
223.  Tony Gwynn
239. Jose Altuve
287.  Chuck Zito
328.  C.J. Wilson

Another short print for my set - it's cards like this that I consider good even if others don't!  I didn't have the money to buy a full case of Ginter this year so I have a feeling that I'll need all the short prints I can get!

Bottom Half:

129.  Hank Aaron
186.  Billy Hamilton
217.  Jose Iglesias
Pastime's Pastimes:  Jacoby Ellsbury

Even if it is a Yankee, I needed this one.  I hope to complete all the various insert sets this year (even this 100 card monstrosity) but I know I won't be able to do it without help from all of you.  Let me know if you have any to spare - once I get my cards from my boxes sorted I'm sure I'll still need a bunch (and probably have quite a few to trade away as well)!
Air Supremacy:  MIG-15

Yep, I'll be chasing this one too even if I prefer boats (done in a previous year over planes).
Reg. mini:  172.  Andrelton Simmons
Short print regular back mini:  309.  Hunter Pence

The short print minis are seeded 1:7 packs which makes putting the mini set together via buying Jumbo Packs a very expensive proposition.  I don't recommend attempting that.

So, no relics or autographs but I wasn't disappointed as I did land another Air Supremacy card that I needed.  The two minis are trade bait - I want the mini inserts rather than the mini base cards!

Comments