Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Gint-a-Cuffs Begins: A Strong Start!

Gint-a-Cuffs is officially upon us!  Over the next few weeks, chances are your blog roll will be inundated with all things Ginter (like it wasn't already)!  Last year I think I finished second-to-last in the competition which was pathetic.  This year's entry can't be any worse than that, can it?!

As usual, I'll start with the box topper.  This year's set has plenty of cool box toppers - and while I didn't get an autograph or anything like that, I did get a nice box topper.

The relic box toppers are worth 20 points this year so that's an awesome start.  It would have been even better if someone had selected Gonzalez as their favorite player but beggars can't be choosers!  In terms of the card, I like the hand numbering aspect, it makes it seem a bit more worthwhile even if Topps simply hires a bunch of third graders to serially number stuff.

Box topper total:  20 points
Box so far:  20 points

With that great start, I think I'll hold off on opening the packs until later - after all, I like to draw out the opening experience as long as humanly possible!

Comments

  1. Nice start for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And all I could think was, "why couldn't that be a Yankee?" Nice start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang-great start, almost has many points as I have after a box topper and two pack!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment