Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Gint-a-Cuffs: The Penultimate Post!

With only four packs remaining, my box for Gint-a-Cuffs is rapidly drawing to a close.  In fact, after today's post I'll have exactly two packs remaining...and since I couldn't wait and already opened all four packs I can tell you with certainty that my box did contain three hits within the packs...and I'm going to make you wait one more post for the final hit of the box.  For today, let's look at two hit-free packs.

Heading into the next pair of packs my box is sitting with a total of 153.6 points.

Pack 21:
10.  Andrew McCutchen
26.  Fergie Jenkins
156.  Jean Segura
225.  Pedro Martinez
263.  Alfonso Soriano
319.  Sonny Gray
World's Capitals:  1.  Jerusalem
Outlaws, Bandits, and All-Around Ne'er Do Wells:  Bonnie & Clyde

Bad news with this pack?  That Soriano is a Yankee (-1 point).  Good news with the pack?  A few positive scoring cards including the short print base (+2), the Capital card (+2), and the mini insert (+3).

Pack total:  6 points
Running total:  159.6 points

At this point, it's time for to remind you that:
I WANT YOUR MINIS AND REGULAR INSERTS from 2014 ALLEN & GINTER'S!

Thank you.  I now return to the regular programming.

Pack 22:
40.  Steve Delabar
82.  Jackie Robinson
98.  David Wright
137.  Reggie Jackson
153.  Iron Sheik
167.  Nick Castellanos
Pastime's Pastimes:  Jose Fernandez
Reg. mini:  Jorge Posada

Another Yankee shows up (this time in mini form but it's still -1 point).  Luckily, the Iron Sheik nullifies the Yankee stink with a +1.  David Wright is a favorite player for somebody, so that's +2.  Finally, the Pastime card is another +2.

Pack total:  4 points
Running total:  163.6 points

I had some people running scared for a bit but the last four packs have been atrocious in terms of keeping my score going up, up, up.  That said, at least they weren't negative scoring packs...that's always a big bummer!

Two more packs remain in the box - stay tuned!

Comments