Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Who Has Two Thumbs and is Way Behind on Trade Posts? (This Guy)

After a month and a half of virtually no baseball card packages showing up in my mailbox, the last couple of weeks have produced a deluge of cards (which is a great thing)!  Unfortunately, with much of my attention on Ginter (and moving), I've fallen way behind in terms of posting trade packages.

How far behind you ask?  At last count I have TWELVE packages waiting.

If you don't believe me, here's some photographic proof:

Oye!

Of course, that stack won't get any lower if I don't start posting some cards on the blog - so let's dig in.  I grabbed one of the four PWEs to open up for now.  The others will have to wait for at least one more day!

Today's envelope is courtesy of Weston over at the Fantastic Catch blog.  This is Weston and my first trade (at least according to my records).  It's always fun to add new trading partners - and it's even better since Weston is a Cardinals fan (having another outlet to unload any and all unwanted Cardinals is great)!  Weston is beginning to complete his own fair share of trades (you can see his write-up about his end of this trade on his blog here).

And trust me, I accumulate a lot of unwanted Cardinals.

Anyhow, our trade was relatively simple - I sent Weston a decent sized stack of unwanted Donruss Elite Edition cards and in return he helped knock a few cards off my want list - and he provided a surprise addition to the trade (more on that in a moment).

First though, let's look at what I knew I was trading for.  First up, a pair of 2013 Topps Chrome cards.

My Topps Chrome set is slowly getting closer to being completed.  Unfortunately, I'm still missing quite a large chunk of cards though so if you have any available for trade let me know!

Next, another set that I'm slowly working towards completing:  2013 Topps Gypsy Queen.

This is a nice Ozzie Smith card (one of the few Cardinals I don't hate) - and it means I'm now within 21 cards of having the base set complete.  That's not bad - though I admit to getting a bit impatient in terms of completing sets!

Finally, Weston threw in a bonus for me:

I have no idea who Kyle McMyne is, but it's a Cincinnati autograph and the card is only from 2011 so who knows, maybe he's the next big thing*!

*according to MiLB.com, McMyne is toiling away in Class A Advanced league with a 4.40 ERA.  McMyne has 20 walks and 35 strikeouts (as of the time I wrote this post) which isn't exactly the best K/BB ratio that one would hope for in a fourth round pick.  Oh well, maybe he's a late bloomer.

Thanks for the trade Weston!  And, if anyone else would like to add to my (now shrinking) pile of trade envelopes, check out my want list and make an offer.  Remember, I'm definitely interested in trading for 2014 Topps Allen & Ginter inserts!!

Comments

  1. Glad you enjoyed the cards. I hope we can do another trade soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment