Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! 2x3 Heroes PWE Club Delivers Again!

Another day, another PWE in the mail!

Today's envelope is a PWE Club mailing courtesy of Jeff over at 2x3 Heroes.  Jeff and I have exchanged a few different PWEs over the course of the summer - and while I guess this one also technically arrived in the summer I find anything that happens once the college school year is back in session for me to be in the fall season.

No one cares about my definition of the various seasons I'm sure, but many of you do care about glorious pieces of cardboard with pictures of people on 'em.  I won't disappoint you.  Behold!

The envelope managed to hold six different Reds, here they are:

First up, a 1988 Topps Barry Larkin card.

I already owned this card (in fact, I believe I own quite a few copies of the card) but what I don't own is the 1988 Topps Tiffany version.  At least, I think there's a Topps Tiffany version from 1988 that I don't own.  I never really understood the Tiffany set - and as a kid I don't believe I ever ran across any Topps Tiffany cards.

Next up, a 2013 Topps Archives card of Tony Cingrani.

I had high hopes for Cingrani this year - but like most of the Reds he went down with an injury for a large chunk of time and when he was playing he pitched like crap.  2014 is a year to forget in terms of baseball for Cincinnati fans.

The next two cards out of the envelope were both shiny Chrome cards from the 2014 Topps Chrome set.

I didn't buy any of the regular Topps flagship nor any of the Topps Chrome set this year so these cards are new to me.  The back of the Mat Latos card says that Latos was the "first Padres pitcher to win four of his first five starts."  That's unbelievable to me - the Padres have been around long enough that you would have thought someone would have one four of the first five starts long before Latos came around to do it.

The next card out of the envelope looks like a Chrome card, feels like a Chrome card, and even shines like a Chrome card.  But it's not a Chrome card.

It's a Panini Prizm card - a set which still uses the "z" in its name unnecessarily, taking a page either from the 1990s cool kidz or else from the gas store chain Sheetz.

Finally, we arrive at my favorite card in the pack:  A Topps Laser card of Reggie Sanders.

I always thought the Laser cards were kind of cool - even if the effect is basically nothing more than creating a stencil within the card.  I like 'em - a gimmick done right if you ask me!

Thanks for the great cards Jeff!  And, as always, if you'd like to trade with me be sure to check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments