Featured Post

Delivery Time! Cards from Stubby! (Pt. 1)

I thought I was all caught up with trade packages when I discovered a rather large (already opened) box that was mailed to me back in March of this year.  So yeah, I wasn't quite caught up after all!

No matter, this box was a good one - and it's all courtesy of Martin (aka Stubby)!  In fact, Martin included a note that said that I frequently lament my lack of vintage and that he knows that I've been intrigued by Pacific.

Heck yeah.

I'm extremely crunched for time for the next few days (freshman orientations at work) so I'll be somewhat brief today - and I'll have more from this awesome trade package over the next couple of days.

Since it's Monday though, let's dip into a bit of the vintage cards!

Martin included a few different 1972 Topps cards.

I'm not as big of a fan of the '72 design as a lot of people...but I can definitely appreciate the Reds from the set!  I chose to scan Bob Tolan's card since he looks so incredibly goofy with that gigantic jacket.  Also, you don't often see a tarp on the field in a baseball card photo - pretty cool stuff if you check out the background!

Next, we slide back one year to the black-bordered 1971 set.

For the life of me, I can't figure out what's going on behind Corrales' head.  Is that a group of people?  Pigeons?  Aliens?

And to close out a Monday post - a super cool 1965 original:  Johnny Edwards

I LOVE the 1965 set - it's why I'm still working on last year's Heritage ode to the '65 set - and as such, this card is an instant winner in my book!

Many thanks for the great cards Martin - and yes, there are still a bunch more to show off before I can say I'm caught up with March packages!!  Also, I have to say upfront that I definitely didn't show off the best of the vintage that Martin sent my way...you'll have to wait for that later in the week!

Comments