Featured Post

Play at the Plate's PWE for Me!

Today marks an exiting day for the blog - I am all but caught up on the trade posts finally!  In fact, after today's post I have one more awesome trade package and I'll be all caught up.  Woo!

For today's package, we have a nice packed PWE from Brian over at Play at the Plate.  Brian and I have traded quite a few times over the years - and it's always a pleasure to receive mail from him!  By my count, I believe he and I have swapped 30 packages over the years (counting this PWE).  That's pretty impressive!

While numbers are exciting to some of us (like me being a math guy), most people would rather see the cards.  So see the cards is what ye shall do.

Brian loaded the PWE up with 12 cards.  Just for fun, I've taken my five favorites and made a short little countdown!

#5:  Reds Sticker

For some reason, I've always been a sucker for baseball stickers.  It probably goes back to all the 1990 and 1991 Fleer cards that my dad used to buy me.  Those packs always contained a sticker - and I always thought that the baseball logos were the highlight of the pack!  In fact, I had a red baseball card case with two doors and I stuck pretty much every sticker I got back then on that case!  Man was I cool.

#4:  Pete Harnisch

The 2001 Fleer Tradition set is quite nice - but it ended up being a set that I had to say goodbye to in terms of my own collection.  That said, this Harnisch will probably find its way to my Reds Frankenset that I hope to actually start working on in earnest soon (one project at a time though)!

#3:  Frank Robinson

Frank Robinson was before my time but I can always appreciate a nice card of his (with him in a Reds' uniform at least).  This particular card is quite shiny which is cool in its own right though having a legend of old on a shiny, new card does seem a bit strange when you think about it.

#2:  Devin Mesoraco

The Reds' have been downright horrible in 2015 which can be blamed on a number of things (roster construction and the manager mostly).  However, compounding those problems has been the injuries to both Homer Bailey and Devin Mesoraco, two players expected to make big contributions to the Reds this summer.  As for the card, it doesn't have the same disappointment that is dripping off the actual Reds this year - it's a nice card...and it is even nicer when you realize that this is a palatable Bowman offering for once!

#1:  Juan Encarnacion

Encarnacion gets the #1 spot in the countdown not because of the player or image, but rather, because of the set itself.  I love me some Topps Gold Label - so this is an instant winner in my book!

Thanks for the great PWE Brian!  As for anyone else, if you'd like to trade be sure to check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments