Featured Post

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter: Box 3 - Packs 21 - 24 (Framed Mini, a Hit, and an Assassin Bug!)

Well, we made it to the end of box #3!  The final four packs hold a number of cool cards (which makes for a fun ending to the box) so let's get right to it!

Box 3:
Packs 21 - 24:

Today's base card of choice is another surfer - this time it is Kelia Moniz.  Kelia began surfing at age 5 and by age 19 became the ASP Women's World Longboard Champion.  According to her card back, Kelia now has a modeling career to go with her surfing career.

For those that might be keeping track of such things (probably just me actually), the final four packs provided three more cards numbered 301 and up which brings us to a grand total of 19 such cards this box!  That's a bit less than the previous two boxes but still well above the expected 12 short prints that we should get in a box!

Speaking of things we should find in a box, we finally uncovered our framed mini 10th anniversary buyback card.  This one is a World's Most Mysterious Figures insert card from 2011.

Luckily for me, I already own the regular version of this card so it too is safe in the frame!

I pulled two more of the full-sized inserts (notice I don't bother counting the Starting Point inserts since they are so numerous).  I got a Great Scott! card of Dolly the Sheep and a What Once Was Believed card of the Flat Earth.

I went with a scan of the Flat Earth card because it said that there are still "Flat Earth Societies" that exist today which often base their belief on a Biblical quote disputing that the Earth is a sphere.  That seems awfully nutty to me...and I'll leave it at that.

My mini luck changed for the better this time - two were regular back minis but the other two were both mini inserts!  Yay!

I'm going to try and collect all the mini inserts - including every single First Ladies card out there.  I can now knock Julia Grant off the list of cards that I need.

According to her card, Julia Grant turned the White House into a place of revelry and she was the first First Woman to write memoirs.

My other mini insert was another A World Beneath our Feet card - this time of the Assassin Bug.

Assassin bugs are nasty little things that have a three-segment beak which they use to pierce its prey and then they suck the fluid from the prey's body.  Pretty gross - and the assassin name is definitely fitting!

And, finally - the last hit of the box:

That's Val Kilmer - an actor who I've actually heard of!  Yay me.  I'm now one for three in terms of knowing my pop culture relics.

That concludes the third box.  I think it is safe to say that this box didn't live up to the second box...and I'm glad I didn't pick this one for Gint-a-Cuffs as I would have lost miserably (so long as no one picked Finnegan as their favorite player since I did get his autograph).  I should be back with box #4 before too long - so stay tuned!

Comments

  1. I bought a blaster today for kicks and within my eight packs I had every card you have shown in this post . . . except the Val Kilmer and the buy back. (That's some crazy collation.) I wound up with some dirt stained relic of that Brandon Phillips guy. Maybe you've heard of him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surfers in A&G? Awesome! Looking forward to adding her signature to my Surfer PC.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment