Featured Post

Congrats to the US Women's National Soccer (Football) Team!

My wife and I spent some quality time on the couch watching the final of the FIFA Women's World Cup.  Say what you want about FIFA (so long as it is bad), but this was a great tournament for the US squad.  They started sort of sluggish but slowly built up steam as the tournament progressed...and it all culminated in a 5-2 shellacking of a formidable Japanese squad (the same squad that beat the US in the previous World Cup).

My wife did feel a bit bad for the Japanese goalie - she got beat badly on the goal from the middle of the field...and then the poor goalie was crying uncontrollably on the sidelines after the final whistle blew.

That said, it was still a great win for the US (and a fun game to watch)!

Comments

  1. With each passing World Cup... I'm growing more and more of a fan. Very dominating performance by Team USA. It was bittersweet for me... as I wanted to see both teams play well.

    As for that goal... I felt really bad. But I felt worse for the woman from England who scored the own goal. That was probably one of the worse possible ways to lose (or win).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment