Featured Post

Nebraska: Home of the Hollywood Diamondback?!

Brad, aka Metallattorney from Red Sox Fan in Nebraska, recently joined in my 2015 Topps Archives group break.  Brad claimed the Red Sox in the break (no surprise there given his blog title) and ended up with the Diamondbacks as his "random" team in the break.  The D-Backs were a good second team since they were one of ten teams that had a shot at a Will Ferrell autograph (the biggest ticket item in this year's edition of Archives).

Unfortunately, our case didn't provide any Ferrell autographs (though we did get a couple of huge baseball player autographs including Kris Bryant and Joc Pederson).  The case also provided a full set of the ten Will Ferrell cards commemorating his spring training day where he played for ten different teams.

As I opened box after box of Archives, I gradually fell in love with the Ferrell set - so much so that I decided to try and complete the entire thing.

Thanks to Brad's generosity, he mailed me back his Ferrell Diamondback card that he had scored in the break.

With that one out of the way, I'm now only missing two more of the Ferrell cards!  I'm also missing a bunch of Archives base cards should anyone have some for trade - you can find my full want list here.  And, of course, a big thanks goes out to Brad for helping me inch closer to my goal!

Comments