Featured Post

Group Break: 2012 Panini Prizm - Packs 1 & 2 (The Episode in Which I Learn What a Non-Food Panini Is)

It's time to start up another box for the group break.  This time around, I'm going to take the plastic wrap off of the 2012 Panini Prizm box which was a bonus throw-in for the group break.  A 24 pack bonus box!

Pack 1:

Colby Rasmus - Blue Jays
B.J. Upton - Braves
Bo Jackson - Royals

Liam Hendriks - Twins

I will admit that I was surprised to see legends of the game interspersed with the current (and rookie) players in MLB.  Of course, this is a Panini product so don't look for any team logos (or team names).

Pack 2:

Starlin Castro - Cubs

Robin Yount - Brewers
Chris Archer - Rays
Top Prospects:  TP1.  Jurickson Profar - Rangers

The Top Prospects insert cards are a bit thicker than the usual base cards (which have a nice heft to them as it is).  Thus, when you pull one of the inserts, it certainly feels different (which is a good thing - adds a bit of special-ness to the insert card).

A pretty good start to the box.  This is a retail box so I'm not expecting anything too huge (such as a Ken Griffey Jr. autograph) but it is possible that we land some sort of signature.  I would expect to land some of the green retail only parallels at least (though we didn't find any yet).  I'll have more from this box soon - stay tuned!

Comments