Featured Post

2016 Allen & Ginter: My First Mini Insert!

The fourth pack out of my first 2016 Allen & Ginter box produced a number of firsts for me.  What are they?  Read on.

Box 1 - Pack 4:

63.  Monica Abbott
65.  Hisashi Iwakuma
92.  Steven Matz
193.  Huston Street
286.  Guido Knudson
The Numbers Game:  8.  Mark Teixeira

Baseball Legends:  22.  Rod Carew

Mini:  US Mayors:  19.  Andrew Ginther

This pack has a bunch of stuff to discuss - exactly why I like Allen & Ginter so much year in and year out!  Beginning at the top, Monica Abbott is a softball player who set NCAA DI records for wins, strikeouts, and shutouts for Tennessee from 2004-07.  That's pretty impressive and certainly worthy of the "World's Champions" moniker.

I mentioned the Numbers Game cards before - they sure are loaded with numbers!  I had to scan the back of one simply to show off how nice they are (in terms of information at least).  Then again, I'm a numbers guy to begin with so maybe only I will like this set...

The Baseball Legends set reminds me too much of Gypsy Queen - and while I will try to collect the full thing (because I'm a sucker for all things Ginter), I can't say it's the most exciting set.  I was, however, excited to pull my first mini insert - and once again I want to remind everyone to keep me in mind for any mini inserts that you pull - I'm sure to need a lot of them by the time I finish my boxes off!

Comments

  1. A&G is looking good this year. Though some of the inserts seem to be rehashes of really old ideas - the Legends like you said. They look really nice though. Numbers Game is somewhat more original, but it's weird that they listed Tommy John twice. Can't think of any other players, Topps? The people behind the info on Topps cards seem to know less and less each year about their own card legacy and baseball in general.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment