Featured Post

2016 Topps Allen & Ginter: Hobby Box 1 - Pack 2

Yesterday, I snuck out just a moment's worth of time before my softball games to rip open my first (of six) 2016 Topps Allen & Ginter boxes.  I had the chance to show off the boxloader and the first pack.  You can see all of that here.

Now, as a guy who likes to prolong the fun - I generally open a pack and then write up the contents before moving on to the next pack.  This helps me enjoy each pack (and card) and it also gives me a chance to read the backs of the interesting cards.  I enjoy the slow pace - and it also provides me with constant blog fodder (which as a fan of the Reds who are having a terrible season is much appreciated)!

Without any further delay, here's pack 2!

Box 1 - Pack 2:

5.  Kyle Waldrop
105.  Alex Dickerson
188.  Edgar Martinez
282.  Stephen Strasburg
285.  Josh Donaldson
304. Yasmani Grandal

I believe the short prints are cards 301- 350 as usual - and if that is the case then Grandal is a short print.  Of course, last year Topps didn't short print any of the base cards (but they did short print the minis) so who knows.  I certainly haven't opened up enough packs to say anything for certain yet.  The other base card of note (for me) was the Kyle Waldrop card - it's my first Red out of the box!

Natural Wonders:  14.  Punalu'u Beach

A&G mini:  173.  Billy Burns

I don't have much to say about the A&G back minis - pretty much all of the ones I pull will be available for trade - I'm much more interested in the mini inserts (of which I have yet to find one)!

Nothing weird or strange yet from the box, but it's early.  I also should pull three hits in each hobby box so there's that to look forward to as well!

Comments