Featured Post

Illusions of Grandeur (Delivery Time)

When it comes to be a creative writer I have no false illusions of grandeur, especially when it comes to my own capabilities! That said, I am proud of one creative idea that I had that actually panned out - my ongoing Trade Stack series.

A couple of days ago, I received the spoils from one of my recent Trade Stacks (#72 to be precise) from Trevor over at Bump and Run Football Cards.

One of the fun things for me, in regards to the Trade Stack idea is that I never know what card(s) will cause the pile to be claimed.  For example, the Stack that Trevor claimed actually reached 24 cards before he jumped in...but other Stacks have been claimed with a single card in them.

The other major benefit for me (with regards to the Trade Stack) is that the Stacks allow me a somewhat consistent way to get rid of unwanted cards while simultaneously acquiring cards that I do want from my want list.  I only require the recipient of a Trade Stack to send along at least one card from my want list, but oftentimes people go above and beyond that (which is what Trevor did by sending me the four 1997 Metal Universe cards that you see in this blog post).

Long story short, I don't think you'll see my Trade Stack feature going away anytime soon - and that's a good thing for all since hopefully other people are able to get cards that they want too!  And yes, I did decide to jump into 2016 Allen & Ginter (after much deliberation I went with a half case purchase this year)...so expect to see a bunch of Ginter stuff added to my want list in the near future as well!

Comments

Post a Comment