Featured Post

2017 Panini Diamond Kings: Pack #8: Another Short Print Found

After this pack, there will only be four packs remaining in our box of 2017 Panini Diamond Kings.  Although we haven't seen everything in the box quite yet (including the second hit), I am curious as to what people think about the set as a whole.

For me, I like the base cards - but I hate the fact that there are 25 short prints embedded in the middle of the set.  I also don't like all the variations - they feel like yet another hurdle to overcome if one wanted to collect the full set.  It is clear to me that Diamond Kings is for a player collector much, much more than it is for a set collector (I'm sure player collectors are pumped to get alternate versions of their favorite player's base card).

Pack 8:
2.  Bill Dickey - Yankees

This is Dickey's regular base card, not the variation (in which he is shown in catcher's gear).
36.  Tommy Henrich - Yankees
44.  Harry Walker - Cardinals
79.  Wil Myers - Padres
105.  Charlie Blackmon - Rockies

This is one of the aforementioned short prints.
164.  Jharel Cotton - Athletics
168.  Jordan Patterson - Rockies
Memorable Moments:  MM-6.  Jackie Robinson - Dodgers

Not a bad pack - and with only four packs remaining we will soon be moving on to the next box in the group break (2017 Topps Bunt).  I also have a small handful of bonus packs waiting to be opened...so plenty more cards to come!


Comments