Featured Post

1999 Pacific: Canseco Wants You to Know the Size (and Weight) of His Stick (seriously)

The 1999 Pacific box has 36 packs.  The way the box is packed is in three stacks of packs - so I'm still not even through the entire first stack of packs yet!  To date, we've found exactly one insert...perhaps pack #10 will have our second such "special card."  Then again, perhaps it won't.  Either way is alright by me since my real goal is to get as close to completing the base set as I can.  I have no plans to chase after any of the inserts (other than the one Barry Larkin insert card of course).

Pack 10:
28.  Andres Galarraga
36.  Greg Maddux

For the most part, Pacific used the horizontal frames only when the picture actually required it.  I should also note that I now own both version of the Maddux base cards (head shot and action).  That's my second (out of a total of 50) pairings if I'm not mistaken.

141.  Dante Bichette
156.  Kimera Bartee
237.  Mark Loretta
267.  Steve Kline
292.  Orlando Hernandez
343.  Abraham Nunez
435.  Jose Canseco

Our head shot variation is a good one in this pack!  Jose seems awfully eager to show off the size and weight of his bat though.  Perhaps overcompensating for the side effects of 'roids?

447.  Juan Samuel

Good stuff in pack #10.  Still two more packs to go before I can say I've finished off a third of the box.  You have to love boxes that are rich in packs (and at 10 cards per pack, the packs themselves are rich in cards)!

Comments