Featured Post

Delivery Time! Knocking Cards off Some Mid-90s Wants. Cowabunga!

With all of the talk of the newest, shiniest sets (Topps Heritage in particular), it's often easy to forget the sets that used to be the talk of the town.  No, I'm not referring to 2018 Topps flagship...  I'm going back further in time than that.  In fact, let's first go all the way back to 1997.

In 1997, Fleer issued a wonderful set inspired by the Sports Illustrated brand.  The set included great photographs (that's the SI influence I guess), but it also had gorgeous card backs - and plenty of team specific colors throughout the set.

The set features a number of subsets, and while they aren't all awesome in my eyes, the set as a whole is quite cool.  The only real problem with the set is its age.  That is, you don't often find someone with some organized cards from 1997 lying around willing trade...but in my case, I got lucky!  Mr. Haverkemp as he goes by on the blogs recently contacted me saying he had a slew of older cards that I needed for my set.  A deal was quickly reached and now I'm quite a bit closer to completing that pesky set!

How much closer you ask?  Well, after the 26 new cards from Mr. Haverkemp, I'm down to needing only four more before I can close the set out for good!

1997 Fleer Sports Illustrated needs:Base:  49, 99, 149, 180

Going back in time just a few years earlier, I was also the lucky recipient of a pair of 1995 Topps Stadium Club cards...another older set that I'm still working on completing.
Yep, I needed a checklist since it was numbered as part of the base set!

I'm still further away from completing the Stadium Club set...but anytime I can make even a small dent in my want list on older sets I'm going to be super happy!

1995 Topps Stadium Club needs:
Base:  18, 43, 56, 105, 107, 108, 112, 114, 135, 152, 182, 192, 214, 217, 232, 237, 238, 249

Finally, one card from 2012 - a black bordered mini that I needed for my A&G Reds collection.

That does it for this mail day...I still have quite a few more packages that I need to get scanned - it's been a fun few weeks for the post office and my house (and let's keep it that way, keep those trades coming)!!  Be sure to check out my want list and make an offer if you'd like to trade.

Comments

  1. Happy to get you closer on those 2 sets...I'll keep searching for more. Your cards arrived today, many thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment