Featured Post

Pointless, Dumb, and All Mine.

Barry Larkin Collection 622: 1998 Topps Tek - #57 - Pattern 22


Barry Larkin
Year:  1998
Brand:  Topps Tek
Card number:  57
Pattern number:  22


The 1998 Topps Tek is a player collector's nightmare.  Each base card has 90 (!) different variations to collect...and then each of those 90 variations also has a diffractor version (of which a print run has been estimated to be somewhere between only 10 and 20 copies). 

Over the past few months, I managed to grab a few of Larkin's different Tek cards from eBay sales - with this being the first one that I've shown off in my ongoing Barry Larkin Collection.  Besides this card, I also bought three other patterns for Larkin - so as of the time of this post, I have 4 out of the 90 base versions.  I don't think I'll be chasing after the diffractors (too low of a print run for my wallet), but even so, tracking down all 90 patterns is surely going to be a difficult challenge as it is!





Comments

Post a Comment