Featured Post

Group Break: Fleer Tradition - Packs 1 - 4

It's (finally) time to get the group break started.  As is my custom, I'll be showcasing what we find in each box.  I'm also planning on recording each box as I open them, but with a baby plans have to be fluid.  I can say that I did manage to get the entire 1998 Fleer Tradition box recorded in one shot...so far, so good!

This is the box where I will be keeping any cards that I need for my own set (as stated in the original sign up page).  I figured it made the most sense to start with this box since it will probably the least exciting for the rest of you since not all cards will be divvied out.  That said, I can tell you that we hit some duplicates as I went through the video and so there's a chance that some of the cards that I need will turn up twice (with the second copy going to the team slot for that player).

With all of that out of the way, let's crack into box #1!

1998 Fleer Tradition - Series 2:
Pack 1:
360.  Bobby Abreu - Phillies
430.  Rickey Henderson - Athletics
375.  Esteban Loaiza - Pirates
528.  Bret Boone - Reds
555.  Stan Javier - Giants
463.  Derek Lowe - Red Sox
510.  Shayne Bennett - Expos
493.  Eddie Taubensee - Reds
Vintage '63:  103.  Todd Walker - Twins
Promising Forecast:  15 of 20 PF.  David Ortiz - Twins
Diamond Ink:  Jose Cruz Jr. (1 pt)

As I said in the video the Diamond Point cards are useless filler at this point in time.  I will be using those as packing material in the break unless someone actually wants the cards for some reason.  As for the parallels and inserts, I'm not planning on collecting any of them and so they are all heading out in the group break - that's nice since each pack should have at least one Vintage '63 parallel in it!  As for the Promising Forecast insert cards, they are kind of cool looking (I dig the weather theme)!  The cards are seeded 1:12 packs so we should get two more since we have a total of 36 packs in the box.

Pack 2:
571.  Jose Cruz, Jr. - Blue Jays
525.  Darryl Hamilton - Giants
416.  Mike Kelly - Rays
390.  Jay Bell - Diamondbacks
574.  Cal Ripken, Jr. - Orioles
578.  Tony Clark - Tigers
353.  Roberto Alomar - Orioles
409.  Sean Casey - Reds
448.  F.P. Santangelo - Expos
Vintage '63:  90.  Mike Lansing - Rockies
Diamond Ink:  Scott Rolen (5 pts)

Pack 3:
359.  Orel Hershiser - Giants
483.  Eric Karros - Dodgers
374.  Jeff Conine - Royals
461.  B.J. Surhoff - Orioles
553.  Jeff Fassero - Mariners
470.  Gregg Jefferies - Phillies
513.  Rich Butler - Rays
442.  Russ Ortiz - Giants
494.  Darryl Strawberry - Yankees
Vintage '63:  82.  Mo Vaughn - Red Sox
Diamond Ink:  Nomar Garciaparra (1 pt)

Pack 4:
501.  Jose Mercedes - Brewers
417.  John Smoltz - Braves
391.  Mike Piazza - Marlins
539.  Mike Bordick - Orioles (needed it!)
552.  Dave Martinez - Rays
532.  Latroy Hawkins - Twins
516.  John Mabry - Cardinals
410.  Eric Milton - Twins
554.  Ryan Jackson - Marlins
Vintage '63:  B.J. Surhoff - Orioles
Diamond Ink:  Tony Womack (1 pt)

Phew, that's a lot of typing!  I'll try to get through these packs as quickly as I can this week and then it'll be on to the real reason most of you joined the break!

In terms of cards I'm keeping out of the first four packs - only one joins my set (Mike Bordick).  That's good for all of you because you get lots of cards here...but it's bad for me as completing my set was the sole reason I included this box in the first place!  Still, one card closer is better than zero cards closer so I won't complain too much!

Comments

  1. Don't trash the Diamond Ink, I'm collecting those inserts. Can we trade?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment