Featured Post

Monday Mailday... Buying a Card I Already Know is Torn Down the Middle

This year's edition of Topps Allen & Ginter featured Barry Larkin as part of the always cool "Rip Card" insert set.  While I generally sell any rip cards that I'm fortunate enough to find (and I sell them unripped so that the ideally go for higher dollar amounts), I decided to get an already ripped version of Larkin's rip card for my collection.

For the low price of about $5, I now own this guy.

More on the card when I feature it in my ongoing Barry Larkin Collection series (including a scan of the massive rip down the backside of the card)!

Comments

  1. I have never liked the concept of Rip cards. That said I do own one Rip card that I got from a box break years ago. A 2009 A&G Garrett Atkins Rockies. I have kept it unripped. I have thought about selling it from time to time, but haven't. Guess I'm holding out for the right outrageous price, one that I wouldn't personally buy at but would gladly sell at. Oddly even though I hate the concept there is that little bit of novelty about it that keeps me interested just enough to hold on to it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment