Featured Post

Delivery Time! Collector's Crack Sends Me My Drug of Choice: More Larkins!

Over the past few days, I've made a big deal about how I am desperately trying to get all caught back up on my various mail days.  Happily, I've been doing a good job of keeping true to my goal - as evidenced perhaps by today's post which is an envelope that arrived at my house in the beginning of the month.  That's not too shabby of a turnaround!

The package was a surprise bundle from Mark over at Collector's Crack.  Mark is one of the many bloggers out there who systematically saves any Barry Larkin cards that he runs across for me (which I appreciate) and then sends them to me randomly as a fun little present in the mail!  While he has sent me a number of packages over the years (my records indicate our first trade was back in 2012), this has to be one of the best envelopes, at least in terms of Barry Larkin content!

I did already own some of those, but others were brand new to my collection.  It's amazing to think just how many different Larkin cards exist out there - and it's getting worse in a lot of ways.  According to the Barry Larkin collectors Facebook group that I'm in, Larkin has had something like 350 brand new cards printed in 2018 alone.  That's insane for a retired player!

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention a couple of the other Reds cards that Mark threw in the package as well (including the Casey at the top of the post).  I think this "Don't Blink" card of Billy Hamilton is quite clever - it definitely matches his amazing speed!

My favorite of the random Reds that Mark sent along though might actually go to this incredibly simple Adam Dunn card from Fleer.

It looks like wood, but I assure you it's a simple cardboard card.  Still, it screams baseball - and in the end, isn't that what all baseball cards ought to do?!

Thanks for the great package Mark.  By now, you should either have gotten (or will get very shortly) my return package.  As for anyone else, if you'd like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Mark is a fun trade pal! Finding older Larkins you still needed was no easy feat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris I got your package today!!! I'm just getting to sit down and sort them out. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment