Featured Post

Delivery Time! My Fantasy Baseball League is Cooler than Yours!

If I had to wager, I would think that there is a fairly strong correlation between people who collect baseball cards and people who participate in fantasy baseball.  While I don't think that blogging about fantasy baseball is overly interesting usually, today I am making an exception to my own rule.

You see, I recently received a small envelope with my prize for winning the Central Division in my fantasy baseball league.  Our league is set up like the old National League in MLB, that is, five teams in the East and West divisions and six teams in the Central (of which I am one of them).  I've been in the fantasy league for quite a few years now, but this is the first time that I was able to capture the divisional crown.

In our league, divisional winners get specially colored patches - I told you my league was cooler than yours.

I ended up finishing 19-3 which I believe ties me for the best all-time regular season record in the history of that particular league.

You may also recognize that logo or league name because the commisioner of the fantasy league is the same person who makes those awesome custom Allen & Ginter cards that I get to mail out to some of my loyal traders every now and then.  

As part of my winnings, I ended up landing two new cards for my collection - part of the rare blue backs which are all numbered out of only five.

Thanks for the prizes - and for running such a wonderful league, Ryan.  Now my challenge will be defending my Central Division crown in 2019...plus I'd like to capture the overall championship (I fell one measly save short of winning this year - and the worst part is, I ended up with Bauer on my bench on the last day of the regular season and he ended up getting a save in that game).  I may have made lots of great moves at the right time most of the season, but that one mistake will haunt me all winter long!

Such is life of a fantasy baseball player I guess!

Comments

  1. Holy Smokes that is cool! If there is ever an opening in that league...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you for even playing fantasy baseball. I played once and probably won't again until I'm retired. I loved it because it kept me in touch with the game, but it was way too much work (and I'm pretty sure I came in last place).

    P.S. Sweet prizes though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome prize! Congrats on your victory! I wish my league had prizes, but it's a Yahoo free league so I can't complain.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment