Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with David G.

Another day, another package, and with that I'm going to be a bit closer to my goal of getting all incoming packages posted on the blog!  By my count, at the moment I still have five more baseball card packages to get through - but seeing as how I've gotten through five or six in the past week or so, I think I can do this before the holiday rush hits!

Today's package is actually a nice little PWE from blog reader David G. (who I don't think has a blog).  David requested some of my Allen & Ginter duplicates and in exchange he offered up three cards that I needed from a couple of different sets.

From Allen & Ginter (last year's set), one of the pretty cool World's Dudes minis.

The Trafffic Cop Dude is pretty great - but the real highlight of this card is the backside where it talks about solar-powered aluminum robots in the Democratic Republic of the Congo replacing traffic cops.  Seriously.

The second needed card of the PWE was also from 2017 A&G, but this time it's a full-sized What a Day insert of Clayton Kershaw.

If I'm being honest, I have to confess to having Ginter fatigue for a lot of the large sized full-sized insert sets.  The cards simply aren't interesting enough for me to be excited about acquiring 50 or 100 of them...probably a big reason why I haven't actually finished off quite a few of the A&G insert sets from the past couple of years.

Still, I'll happily trade for cards I need - even if the set is sort of lackluster!

Finally, the third card I needed comes from Topps Archives:

The 1992 Topps design is one of my favorites - it's simple, classy, and instantly reminds me of my childhood.  I love it!

David threw in a few assorted Reds as extras to fill out the envelope (always appreciated) but the highlight of the group was this shiny Pete Rose card that I didn't yet own.

Thanks for the trade, David!  As always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments