Featured Post

Group Break: Is it Too Early to Put Up the Christmas Tree?!

Yesterday, we woke up to a backyard and deck covered in snow.  While most of the snow did melt off by dinner time, it was still a little disconcerting to have that much snow this early in the year in north-central Pennsylvania.

All that said, my wife decided that we ought to get a jump on the Christmas season this year and put our tree up about a month early.  Normally, I fight against Christmas creep until at least after my birthday (which is next weekend) and usually I try to delay it until after Thanksgiving.  However, she wooed me with the prospect of some homemade Christmas cookies to enjoy while decorating...

...and so now my tree is up!

All that said, I've got a present for all of you as well in the form of a couple more packs out of the Gold Label box.  Enjoy!

2001 Topps Gold Label:
Pack 7:
80.  Pat Burrell - Phillies
89.  Carl Everett - Red Sox
67.  Larry Walker - Rockies

Gold parallel:  88.  Travis Lee - Phillies (#445/999)

43.  Jason Giambi - Athletics

The Class 1 gold parallels are seeded 1:8 packs making them not overly rare (three per box) but still, it's hard to actually track down the gold parallel of a player you might actually collect *cough* Larkin *cough*.  At least our gold parallel is going to a claimed team - the Phillies did quite well in this pack!

Pack 8:
5.  Alex Rodriguez - Rangers
65.  Kevin Brown - Dodgers
59.  Josh Hamilton - Rays
90.  Quilvio Veras - Braves
72.  Mark McGwire - Cardinals

That's a good looking McGwire card!

Happy (early) Holidays everyone!

Comments

  1. Yes - it's too early. People around here already have Christmas lights up. Why take them down if you are going to put them up this soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw my first Christmas TV commercial of the year on November 1st (day after my birthday, I took a vacation day), which was pretty disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I recall correctly, our local Sam's club had Christmas items out for sale during the the last week of September.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow? I'm so jealous. I haven't put up a tree in years, since I'm usually celebrating it somewhere else. But as a kid... I think we'd decorate it the week after Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment