Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 649: 2001 Donruss Class of 2001 - #98 - Sample Promo

Barry Larkin
Year:  2001
Brand:  Donruss Class of 2001
Card number:  98
Insert set:  Sample promo

I don't own all that many different "sample" Larkin cards which in and of itself is enough to make this particular card interesting.  That's good because if it weren't for that little sample stamp, this card wouldn't interest me much at all (something I've already discussed when I showed off the "regular" base card of Larkin's from the set which looks just like this one minus the sample stamp).

According to baseballcardpedia, the SAMPLE stamped cards were issued for Beckett magazine.  Each of the first 100 cards in the base set had a sample card made.  That's fine and all - but then I learned that apparently there are parallels of the sample cards where gold foil was used rather than silver.  That's freakin' idiotic.

And with that, I'm done talking about a set that clearly doesn't deserve even this many words written about it.

Comments