Featured Post

2019 Blog Resolutions Check-In #2

Back in February, I did my first check-in to see how I was progressing on my 2019 Blog Resolutions.  It's always kind of fun to come up with resolutions around the new year but I've learned that if I don't keep those resolutions in mind then I'm unlikely to actually complete them.  Thus, the Resolution Check-In was born!

#1:  Barry Larkin Collection

My stated goal here is to get to 700 unique Barry Larkin cards scanned and typed up for the blog.  Yesterday, I posted card #667 in my collection which means I need to post another 33 cards before the year ends.  With about 7 months remaining, that's roughly 5 Larkin cards per month which is definitely doable.  Like I said in my first check-in, I have plenty of new Larkin cards already scanned, all that is needed is the write-ups!  Check-in status:  On target!

#2:  Blog Trading

My goal here is to complete 50 trades by the end of the year.  In February, I had already done eight trades.  Now that May is here, I've only completed six additional trades which puts me behind schedule by quite a bit.  Of course, this isn't a shocking development because I have yet to buy any 2019 product (and new stuff is by far the easiest stuff to trade)!  I do have a few trades in the works right now, but overall I'm not confident that I'll hit 50 by year's end.  Check-in status:  Behind schedule.

#3:  The Want List

My (very) ambitious goal here is to get my want list down to 100 sets or fewer by the end of 2019.  Of all the resolutions, this is the one that I've been the most proactive on - and it shows!  To date, I've completed nine different sets from my list!  That's four more sets down since my last check-in.  I'll take that sort of progress for sure.  Check-in status:  I'm happy with where I am.


#4:  The Great Reorganization

My goal is to once and for all clear off my one table that has had semi-sorted stacks of cards on it for years now.  Truth be told, I'm not entirely convinced I've made any progress on this goal - in fact, I think I've actually added more cards to the table than I have removed.  I did at least get rid of the stacks of 1992 Upper Deck that were on the table since that is the set that I'm currently working on collating and sticking in a binder (at least I will once I get my box of '92 Upper Deck ripped and sorted).  Check-in status:  I have to give myself an "F" on this one so far.

#5:  My LEGO Blog

The goal here was to create 50 new posts for my LEGO blog over the span of the year.  At the moment, I've written only six posts which is obviously well off the stated goal.  On the bright side, that does mean that I've written five posts since my last check-in, so maybe I'm headed in the right direction even if I have quite a bit to make-up if I will actually reach 50 posts by year's end.  Check-in status:  Behind schedule

#6:  Reading

Finally, I made a goal of reading 12 books for the year.  I'm behind schedule a bit here but I have managed to actually read a bit more since my last check-in.  At the moment, I've read a pair of books in 2019 and I am about halfway through a third novel.  Since I need to average a book a month, I am definitely behind schedule a bit BUT I am also just about to be done with work which will free up a lot of time in the summer.  I still think that this goal is within reach though it has been quite a few years since I actually sat down and read 12 books!  Check-in status:  Behind schedule

So there you have it, my second resolution check-in.  Based on my progress, it would appear that I'm behind schedule in many of my goals.  Will I be able to make up ground during the summer months when I'm "off"?  I say "off" in because I'll actually be watching my 11 month old baby the entire summer which sometimes is more work and more tiring than my actual job (but I love him so much so it's all good)! 

How about you?  Did you make 2019 resolutions and, if so, are you on track to complete them? 

Comments

  1. I don't think I wrote down any resolutions this year, but I've consciously been trying to avoid purchasing retail blasters. I think I've done pretty well in that area. Although I did stumble and pick up two of those 50 pack bundles from Walmart a few weeks ago that were filled with retail packs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment