Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 677: 2002 Donruss - #31

Barry Larkin
Year:  2002
Brand:  Donruss
Card number:  31

2002 was probably the year that Donruss officially became a "dead" brand to me.  By that year, I completely stopped buying anything that was Donruss branded...something that would continue until 2018 when I bought a bunch of Panini's reincarnation of the Donruss brand. 

As you can see from the representative Barry Larkin card, 2002 Donruss was an uninspiring set.  I can't say that the design is necessarily bad...it's simply blah.  I do have to give credit for the full career stats on the back (and secondary photograph) but I don't much care for the blurred out background on the front image.  I also don't like the black boxes at the top and bottom of the card (and could the team logo be any smaller?!).  Finally, like most of the later Donruss stuff there are too many convoluted parallels to keep track of (want to try?  check here).  I won't turn down parallels of this card but I don't plan to actively chase them either.

Comments