Featured Post

More from the Big Trade: 1995 Stadium Club!

Since I was out of the country for about two weeks, I have fallen behind on posting about a big trade that arrived prior to my departure.  My last post about the trade occurred back on May 15 - I hope to be a bit quicker with the remaining posts!

As I've done all along, I'm going to take the opportunity to explore a single set in each post.  The trade was courtesy of blog reader Bob who definitely helped knock out a TON of stuff from my want list.  I've already highlighted a few sets but today we move on to one of the older sets on my want list:  1995 Topps Stadium Club.

Bob did a major number to my want list for this set.  In fact, he sent along 13 cards that I needed which leaves me with only five more cards to track down (more on those five in a bit).  First up, let's take a peek at a few of the cards Bob sent my way.

One of the biggest reasons that I choose to collect many sets is the photography.  For that reason, it's probably no surprise that I'm working on a number of different Stadium Club sets since that brand is well-known for its stellar photographs.  The 1995 set might not be Stadium Club's best offering ever, but for some reason the set spoke to me and thus I decided to collect it in its entirety (well, Series 1 at least).  The Steve Finley card shown above is a good example of what the '95 set is all about - nice photographs, good action shots, and not a lot of crazy bells or whistles.  Put simple, 1995 Stadium Club is a solid baseball card set!

I also would be remiss if I didn't show off this awesome Bob Wickman card.

I don't even like the Yankees but this is an instant favorite card in the set.  It's so kitchy it's great.

The set also has a few subsets including the super awesome "Best Seat in the House" subset. 

I absolutely adore this card showing the best seat at Jacobs Field.  You can't tell that this is actually a Sandy Alomar, Jr. card necessarily but that's alright since the image is spot on spectacular!

I mentioned at the top of the post that I'm nearly done with this set finally.  If you happen to have any of the few remaining cards I need, please let me know and hopefully we can work out a swap!  I'd love to be able to remove this set from my want list once and for all!

1995 Topps Stadium Club Wants:
Base:  
105.  Cade Gaspar
108.  Scott Elarton
114.  C.J. Nitkowski
237.  Darren Daulton
238.  Sammy Sosa

There are still plenty more sets from the big trade to show off - so stay tuned for that! 

Comments