Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 686: 1989 Fleer Baseball All-Stars - #26

Barry Larkin
Year:  1989
Brand:  Fleer Baseball All-Stars
Card number:  26

From what I can tell, the 1989 Fleer Baseball All-Stars set was released as a boxed set containing 44 total cards.  Besides Larkin, the only other Cincinnati Reds representative in the set was pitcher Danny Jackson.  The set itself isn't anything special but I have to admit that I kind of like it despite it's many flaws (mostly the hideous use of various shades of red/pink on the card back).  That said, the black and white outline of the Reds' logo is kind of neat I guess.

As of the time of this post, my Barry Larkin master checklist says that there are 36 different Barry Larkin cards produced in 1989 and this particular one is the 23rd different 1989 Larkin card in my collection.  That means I'm now at a little over 63% completion for the year which is pretty good.  Looking at the list of cards I don't (yet?) own, about half of them are sticker cards of some type and most of the rest are oddballs of some sort.  I have a feeling that the final 13 will be way more challenging to track down as compared to the first 23 cards of the year!

Comments