Featured Post

Delivery Time! Community Gum Cards - Part II

Yesterday, I showed off the first half of a trade with Jon over at Community Gum.  In that post, I mentioned that Jon threw in a bunch of extras for me including a slew of Allen & Ginter cards, many of which I'll show off below!

The envelope contained a big bunch of full-sized cards including almost all of the base cards that I still needed for my 2019 set.

It's hard to believe it, but I am still missing a single base card from this year's edition of 2019 Ginter:  #270 (which isn't even a short print)!  In addition to the base cards, Jon had a few of the Baseball Star Signs for me and a nice Mike Trout Ginter Greats card.

I'm now completely done with the Baseball Star Signs set and nearly done with the Ginter Greats set (only missing four more cards from that set).  Once I acquire those four inserts plus that last remaining base card, the full-sized portion of 2019 A&G will be complete!

Of course, as any A&G collector knows, the full-sized cards are only the collecting warm-up.  The real challenge lies with all of the mini sets.

Luckily for me, there are plenty of lovely trading partners out there who are willing to help me out - and this list definitely includes Jon who sent along three minis from the waterfall themed "Look Out Below!" insert set.

Those three cards leave me now only one short of having the set complete - a truly wonderful spot to be given that the year 2019 isn't yet over (and so there's hope that someone opens up a pack or blaster of 2019 A&G still and finds that last waterfall for me)!

Jon also sent along help with a couple of other 2019 mini sets including the Chugging Along set and the Dreams of Blue Ribbons set.

This year, I planted some pumpkins of the "jumbo" variety - but I didn't actually get to put my garden in until the week before the 4th of July so I don't expect to get much in the way of big pumpkins.  At the moment, the largest one that I have growing is about the size of a rugby ball - not bad for me but not one that will win a blue ribbon at the local fair.

There were a few other goodies in the trade envelope that I didn't end up scanning including a few cards from older editions of A&G that I still needed.  In some ways, getting those older cards is even more valuable (since older sets become harder and harder to complete via trades with each passing year).

All told, this was a wonderful swap and definitely a highlight for the week for me.  It feels great to get to fill in so many empty slots in my various binder pages!  Thanks again, Jon!  As for anyone else, if you'd like to help me out with a trade be sure to check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. First time seeing the waterfall set. After looking at the checklist... I'm gonna need to track down the Yosemite Falls for my collection.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment